Thursday, March 15, 2012

Do I blog ... or not?

S
It's been so long since I've blogged that I wonder whether I have it in me to continue.  It's not that there are not lots of interesting things going on - in my life - and in the world around me.

I find that its less about time than about the mental energy one has available.  Over the last few months I've been easing my way into a couple of new 'governance' positions.

I enjoy being on a board of directors.  The time demands are not that great.  The risks are sometimes described as excessive - but I'm not sure I agree.  Provided one has some knowledge of the industry, a soundly founded trust in the key people, a moral compass, and (in the end) a willingness to resign ... I think it's possible to keep the risks to a level commensurate with the rewards.

But working through new challenges does drain a bit of mental energy - and one thing I haven't felt like doing is ... blogging.

I guess the other thing is that ... I feel like I'm starting to repeat myself a bit.  My wife and children (maybe even a few colleagues) might think this is nothing new, but I try not to.
F

No comments:

Post a Comment