Monday, June 20, 2011

Travelling ....

S
You know those bumper stickers saying 'I'd rather be skiing'.  I feel like I need one for my for my luggage saying 'I'd rather be at home at Moora Farm'.

My dear wife and I are nearly one week into a month long trip.  We've been briefly to New Zealand to see family - and then ... 4 days in Vancouver.  Vancouver-ites were mightily embarrassed by the riots that happened the night we arrived, but we found the city everything it's advertised to be.

Actually, the best analogy I can come up with is a mix of the cosmopolitan-ness of Melbourne and the outdoors-ness of New Zealand.  We ate well and saw a bit of the scenery and culture.  This was the view from our B&B bedroom. 

One evening we went sea kayaking just a bit further up Indian Arm.  It was beautiful.

We've since moved on to New England - where we're headed for Kennebunk, Maine where I won't be looking out for G Bush the younger or elder.  We're on Amtrak at present - a great way to travel.  The landscape we've been passing through is a bit bleak however with lots of abandoned factories.  It makes one wonder just what the economic base of New Jersey and Connecticut actually is.

Neil and Anna are looking after the farm and sounding very much like everything is well under control.  We've had enough rain to cause some serious pugging in part of the paddock the cattle are in, but I know from experience how quickly that can recover.

I wish I were there ... even if I'm not missing the 6 degree morning temps.
F

No comments:

Post a Comment